- Helping Hands of St. Louis: Serves low income and homeless families and individuals. The outreach center includes a soup kitchen, food pantry and clothing center. Additional services include providing hygiene products, homeless kits and hot showers.
Clothing Center: Help sort, fold, and hang clothes on the racks. We are also in need of people with computer skills to assist checking guests in and out.
Food Pantry: Help stock shelves, assist clients around the pantry and help people take groceries out to their cars.
Drivers: Make scheduled pickups of food from food banks and area grocery stores. Also make scheduled pickups for other donations. A good driving record and insurance is required.
Additional Help: Help to keep our store room organized.
Kitchen Clean Up: Help with some spring cleaning. We are looking for a group to help us thoroughly clean the kitchen.
Garden Clean Up: Help to get our garden ready for planting.
Neighborhood Clean Up: Help to clean up the neighborhood around Helping Hands.
Freezer Clean Up: Help clean, and organize our walk-in deep freezer on March 23.
- La Posada: A family emergency shelter which offers temporary housing and supportive services to homeless families of all faiths in the Toledo area. Direct services through La Posada include shelter, food, clothing, personal hygiene products and case management.
Childcare Providers: Provide care and activities for the children of parents who are attending classes and meetings on the premises. Please contact for more information.
Bible Study: Help lead a Bible study with the house guests. We are also looking for someone to lead a study for the children as well.
Children’s Activities: Volunteers are needed to provide learning activities for the children in the evenings or on weekends.
Spring Cleaning: Help with some spring cleaning. We are looking for a group to help us with some light cleaning.
Painting: Help us paint the guest rooms and common areas.
Room Renovation: Help to give our guest rooms a new look. Supply paint, furnishings and any decor you desire.
Landscaping: This Spring, help to redo our landscaping and give it a fresh look.
- Respect Life: Catholic Charities works to create an awareness of the dignity of human life through supporting parish Respect Life groups, providing presentations on Respect Life issues, and publishing a bi-weekly Respect Life e-newsletter. The newsletter includes local and national news and events. Staff also provide training to those interested in sidewalk ministry to women outside abortion clinics.Sidewalk Advocate: Praying on the sidewalk of Capital Care, Toledo’s last remaining abortion facility for women contemplating abortion. This is a life-saving ministry. In the past two years, we know of ten women who have told us that they decided against abortion and chose life because of our presence and prayers.
- Adoption: Catholic Charities is a licensed agency for domestic adoptions for infants ages 6 months or younger. Staff provide support to adoptive parents and birth mothers before and after an adoption placement.Data Entry: Our adoption agency is over one hundred years old. Before our files deteriorate, help us to digitize the information by entering and recording the information in Excel.
- Permanent Supportive Housing: Provides housing and case management for homeless individuals and families when the head of the household has a disability and the family income is at or below poverty level
- Crisis Navigation: Directs clients to the right community resources for services that are not provided by Catholic Charities.
- Family Support and Guidance: Provides community outreach, financial education and one-time rent or mortgage assistance to people facing eviction or foreclosure when funding is available.
- Tenant Readiness: Works with landlords and tenants to assess a prospective tenant’s ability to afford and maintain housing. Clients receive ongoing coaching while in the program. Includes a free two-day “Managing with Diligence” financial education workshop, which is open to the public.
- Glass City Marathon: Catholic Charities is an Official Charity Partner with the 2016 Glass City Marathon. Join our team and help raise money for our ministries in northwest Ohio.Runners: Help to raise money to fund our mission by fundraising and running.
Water Stop: Help at the marathon by handing out water, Gatorade, GU, and other essential that will help runners finish the race.
- Crisis Naviagtion: Extreme Couponing: Help us to lead a class and teach people how to save money by using coupons.
- Permanent Supportive Housing: Love thy neighbor: Help to do some cleaning with the help of our clients. The event will be followed by a community picnic.
Catholic Charities makes real the love that God has for each individual person regardless of their faith or background by serving the poor, speaking for and assisting the neglected and forgotten, respecting and promoting life from beginning to end and nurturing and supporting individuals and families.
419-244-6711 ext. 231, 419-410-5553
1933 Spielbusch Ave.
Toledo, Ohio 43604
419-244-6711, ext. 211 or 1-800-926-8277