- Lucas County Special Olympics currently offers 14 different sporting opportunities that need volunteer coaches and assistants to help out at practices/games. We have several different sports offered each season throughout the year. All volunteers must fill out a class A volunteer form and pass a background check.
- Summer: Unified Golf (partnering individuals with and without disabilities together), softball and disc golf.
- Fall: Soccer, bowling
- Winter: Swimming, powerlifting, basketball, skiing
- Spring: Track and Field, volleyball, tennis, bocce ball and cycling
***Volunteering to be a coach/helper usually requires a 2 day a week commitment to games/practices during that season.
- We also have several one day events throughout the year that need volunteers such as:
–Special Olympic State Softball Tournament: September 10th Coontz Recreation Complex
–Spring Games May 2017 (more info at a later time)
–Summer Games June 2017 In need of chaperones to accompany athletes to Ohio State University for the weekend to watch athletes from all over Ohio compete in events. (More info at a later time)
**We also have numerous fundraisers throughout the year that need assistance.
“Lucas County Special Olympics provides sporting opportunities to Lucas County athletes that are determined eligible for Lucas County Board of Developmental Disability Services. Athletes must be at least 16 years of age to participate. We are a non-profit agency that relies on donations and fundraisers to provide these opportunities at no cost to the athlete.”
Lucas County Special Olympics