As an Ashanti Hospice volunteer, you will have the opportunity to positively impact the lives of individuals and families that we serve through Ashanti Hospice and Palliative Care. All volunteers complete a thorough training and orientation and are vital to the hospice team. Ashanti volunteers can serve in a variety of ways. These volunteer services can include, but are not limited to:
- Companionship– Provide support and comfort to hospice clients as they near the end of their journey. Read, play a game, listen to music, make a life memory box, look at a magazine, visit with the client, learn their life history or experiences, share a talent or other creative ideas!
- Respite visits– Sit and visit with client to allow the family to have a break from visiting
- Bereavement support services– Assist with mailings for bereavement clients
- Office and clerical support– Answer phones, filing, make copies, put together informational or admission packets, and other office related duties
- Other caring support– Use your talents and gifts to bring comfort and joy to clients!
“At Ashanti Hospice, we’re committed to providing hospice and palliative care that enables those with life-limiting illnesses or conditions the ability to make their journeys’ end their own.
While hospice is a way of compassionately caring for a person nearing life’s end, Ashanti Hospice is actually about living—living the very end of life with the highest quality possible. Our care focuses on the whole person—not just the illness—and centers on comfort.
Whenever possible, we work to uncover a patient’s long-held hopes and dreams, and we seek creative ways to help make those wishes reality. We follow the client’s lead to determine what is most appropriate and fulfilling, be it sharing a family meal together or supporting a beloved passion.”
Rachel Hedges, Leader of Hospice Services
4020 Indian Road, Suite A
Toledo, Ohio 43606